- Imran Farooq murder: Scotland Yard raids two houses in London
- G8 leaders seek agreement on Syria
- Afghanistan to begin peace talks with Taliban in Qatar
- Man sought over Gloucester mosque arson attack
- Iran's new president hails 'victory of moderation'
- Syria conflict: Fierce battle for key town of Qusair
- Hundreds protest outside Britain's first drone base
- Facebook to crack down on anti-women hate speech after boycott
- S Sreesanth: IPL cricketer freed on bail in India
- Champions Trophy: South Africa win puts Pakistan on brink
Sun Mark strikes hat-trick of Queen’s award
Sun Mark Ltd received Queens Award for Enterprise 2011 for a third consecutive year, an exceptional achievement by any company.
This extremely rare accomplishment is the culmination of great effort, organisation, and vision by the company which was founded and is led by Dr Rami Ranger MBE FRSA, who has taken the company, in just 15 years, from a start-up business to one which is now recognised all over the world.
This Queens Award for Enterprise symbolizes the strength and credibility of the company, its positive contribution to the British economy and that it is amongst the best of British companies. The company’s sales continue to grow despite the global downturn caused by the financial meltdown.
The company’s turnover grew by over 35% last year and is fast approaching £150 million and continuing to grow at 30% even now. It is a considerable achievement by any standard, especially when the company’s business has been affected by the events in countries such as Libya, Bahrain and Egypt.
The company exports British supermarket products to over 90 countries with staggering results and market penetration.
Managing Director, Dr. Rami Ranger MBE, is optimistic that his company, which is a leading force in exports, will continue to drive hard and be a recipient for many more such awards for sustainable growth and for excellence.
He said that the third award recognizes the company’s ethos of hard work, ethical practices and above all empathy for others.